Sunday, May 15, 2011

Boys and Girls Club of America- S.M.A.R.T. Girls



I am so excited to lead the SMARTgirls program at my local Boys and Girls Club of America. SMARTgirls is a health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program for girls ages 8 to 17. The program is designed to encourage healthy attitudes and lifestyles that will enable early adolescent girls to develop to their full potential. I am thrilled to bring my BOOST Program to these young girls! This week we focused on physical activity and how to incorporate it into their everyday routine. After our 15 minute brainstorming session we focused on movement. Just like the other workshops I've done thus far, the fitness dance routine is full of cardio pumping exercise mixed with everyday active movement to make physical activity fun. These movements range from infusing steps from the latin crazed Zumba to jumping rope and traditional dance steps. Stay tuned to see what I have in store for next week's session! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment