Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Miss Greater Rochester Fundraiser


I realized I never posted about the amazing time I had raising money for the Miss Greater Rochester Organization with Amy Valenti a few Saturdays ago. Amy is the best pageant sister ANYONE could ask for and is also an amazing friend! To help raise money for the Miss Greater Rochester Organization I participated with Great Northern Pizza in Henrietta. With each customer that brought in a voucher, a 15% profit would be donated to the Greater Rochester Organization. How cool right?! I visited many businesses in the area and promoted the Miss Greater Rochester Organization. Some of the businesses that were gracious enough to hand vouchers out for me were DSW, where I found the Miss America Shoe line, and Rainbow a clothing store for teens. When visiting Rainbow I encountered two of their employees who asked, "Are you the real Miss Rochester?" They had no idea about the organization and after I was done explaining how the Miss America Organization helped me to overcome obstacles in my life and my passion for my platform, they wanted in! They were already claiming Miss Rochester 2012! So ladies watch out! :) It was an amazing experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment